Get Started With Crypto
I've created this page because recently many people have asked me how to get started. When starting out, the crypto space seems so complex and complicated. But fortunately, it's not. There is a learning curve, but it's worth it. And before long you can hold a little, and maybe even use a little in your daily life. We live off it these days, and keep very little in our regular bank accounts. We wouldn't go back to saving in Fiat after learning all we have!
- Exodus is our main wallet (exodus.com). You can use this on Desktop, Mobile and there's even a really awesome Web3 Wallet (much better than MetaMask). This is a self-custody wallet which means you become your own bank. It's important to take security seriously on whichever device you use your wallet on. You can buy crypto direct from Exodus, and there's an FTX integration (see link below) that may help you to buy your crypto.
- Wirex App is the app we use that allows us to send crypto, convert to cash and comes with a Visa debit card: https://wirexapp.com/r/gypsyentrepreneur (You can buy crypto using a card with this App).
Note: This App/Card is a custodial service, so never put more on the card than you're willing to part with. I don't recommend using their yield services. I'm simply using this as an easy place to send my crypto to convert to fiat for daily spending).
- I don't recommend holding your assets on any custodial service (like Binance or Nexo for example). Many people (me included) lost assets in platforms such as Celsius and Voyager during 2022.
Exchanges (these are Custodial Services):
- FTX (you can sign up and use this Exchange in your Exodus app)
- In New Zealand and Australia, EasyCrypto is quite popular.
If you'd like to learn more about Bitcoin and Crypto, I've written a post on Learning About Crypto.