Get Started With Crypto
I've created this page because recently many people have asked me how to get started. When starting out, the crypto space seems so complex and complicated. But fortunately, it's not. There is a learning curve, but it's worth it. And before long you can hold a little, and maybe even use a little in your daily life. We live off it these days, and keep very little in our regular bank accounts. We wouldn't go back to saving in Fiat after learning all we have!
- Exodus is our main wallet (exodus.com). You can use this on both Desktop and Mobile. This is a self-custody wallet which means you become your own bank. It's important to take security seriously on whichever device you use your wallet on. You can't buy crypto direct from Exodus, but they do have an FTX integration (see link below) that may help you to buy your crypto.
- Wirex App is the app we use that allows us to send crypto, convert to cash and comes with a Visa debit card: https://wirexapp.com/r/gypsyentrepreneur (You can buy crypto using a card with this App).
- Celsius Network is a wallet that provides a good return on assets and also allows you to borrow against your crypto assets: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/1319194001 (You can also buy crypto using a card with this App). I only hold my long term assets that I won't need in a hurry in this wallet because transferring crypto out can take a while due to the security features.
- FTX (you can sign up and use this Exchange in your Exodus app)
- In New Zealand and Australia, EasyCrypto is quite popular
If you'd like to learn more about Bitcoin and Crypto, I've written a post on Learning About Crypto.